Friday 27 October 2017

SLOG Blogging

Here I am again giving an update on my time learning in my CSC104 class. Not a massive change from my last post but let's see if I can bring up any new advancements in my time in this course. 

So far my preparing for the quizzes has been the same, as now as opening the practice work posted on the course website has been my means of studying as well as going through personal notes I've made on my computer regarding different functions and steps. It's become a little tricky to review, due again to technical difficulties and an unreliable internet connection, but that's no excuse not to continue pressing forward. This course has been a work in progress to do well, and I believe I'll get there when I'm able to adequately prepare myself. 

As far as being proud of images I've made goes I believe overlaying images, or toying with the condition function has been the most enjoyable and satisfying things I've done so far. My computer tends to freeze when I run a program, or I get an error message from Dr.Racket that shuts the program down randomly which never helps. The course is coming off a little challenging due to these issues and keeping up in class can be hard if you miss a bit of information and feel you need to review everything from the beginning due to this. There isn't really anything at present that I have reconciled with that was previously difficult. Everything seems to make sense when you look at it long enough.

When it comes to asking questions, I would prefer a more one-on-one type of setting, so office hours are more preferable. I haven't taken advantage of asking for any assistance from any of these options, so I don't have any feedback to give on how to make it easier to for other students to ask questions. I will provide feedback as much as I can. I appreciate the CSC104 team for looking to improve the way they help students. This is a refreshing feeling than just feeling left in the dust by other courses. 

In short, my time through this course is challenging in its own way. Not that I wish to keep muttering on about it, it does make things difficult. I do enjoy the lectures, not that the pace is fast, but sometimes it is a little easy to get lost if you miss a bit of information and we just continue on. In the end, I'll catch up, but only one step at a time. 

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Reflection, style, and organization are all good. Keep it up! Just a note: Don't forget to refer to all of the questions. (i.e., Are there things you initially found hard or intimidating, but now understand?)

    ReplyDelete